There are two situations when you need to make a request for book.
- A media is already allocated to someone else-Create Media Queue Request.
- A media is not available in library-Create a new Media Purchase Request.
Media Queue Requests
Create to create a new media queue request
Details of Media Queue Request Form
- Sequence Number :- It is automatically generated sequence number by OpenEduCat. By default '/' appears here.
- User :- User is the name of student/faculty who has requested for a media. By default the name of the person who is logged in appears in this field.
- Media :- Media is the name of the book.
- From Date :- From Date is the from which date the person wants to have media. By default todays date appears here.
- To Date :- To Date is the last date till which person can keep that media with him.
Workflow of Media Queue Request
- By default the state is
Requestwhich means the book request is just created.
- Click on
Acceptbutton to accept request. It changes the state from
- In case if you want to reject the request, click on Reject button. If you do so, the state will be changed to
- If media is in reject state and you want to request it agian click on
Media Purchase Requests
Student or faculty can request for a new media. That is why you can create a new purchase media request.
Create to create a new media purchase request.
Details of Media Purchase Request Form
- Title :- Title is the name of the media.
- Media Type :- Select Media type whether it is course Book or Rerence Book etc.
- Course :- Course is the name of the course whose students can use this media.
- Subject :- Specify the subject of media.
- Author(s) :- Specify the name of author in Author field.
- Publisher(s) :- Publisher is the name of the publisher of this media.
- Requested By :- Select person who is requested for media.
- Edition :- Specify the edition of the media you want to have in library.
Workflow of Media Purchase Request
- Default state of the media request is draft. Click on Request Media button for confirming the book request. It changes the state from
- Click on Accept to accept the request. It changes the state from
- Click on Reject to reject the request. It changes the state